Sunday, April 27, 2008
I do think the team will make a good pick at 122 if the don't make a move. The thing to watch for is after the draft is over. Phil Savage said at a recent Browns Backer event they plan to double the budget for undrafted free agents this year, because of the lack of first day picks.
My man Marcus Howard is still available...go get'em Phil!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
I don't have any inside info, but I think if he is there in the third round they might try to trade up to get him...just a gut feeling.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
The NFL took notice of the playmakers on team and has given them a national stage.
It's put up or shut time with this type of schedule.
The night games are as follows:
Sunday September 14th 8:15 p.m. Pittsburgh Steelers
Monday October 13th 8:30 p.m. New York Giants
Thursday November 6th 8:15 p.m. Denver Broncos
Monday November 17th 8:30 p.m. @ the Buffalo Bills
Monday December 15th 8:30 p.m. @ the Philadelphia Eagles
Check out the full schedule here
1 Sept. 7 Dallas Cowboys 4:15 p.m.
2 Sept. 14 Pittsburgh Steelers 8:15 p.m.
3 Sept. 21 at Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m.
4 Sept. 28 at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.
5 Oct. 5 Bye
6 Oct. 13 (Mon.) New York Giants 8:30 p.m.
7 Oct. 19 at Washington Redskins 1 p.m.
8 Oct. 26 at Jacksonville Jaguars 4:05 p.m.
9 Nov. 2 Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m.
10 Nov. 6 (Thurs.) Denver Broncos 8:15 p.m.
11 Nov. 17 (Mon.) at Buffalo Bills 8:30 p.m.
12 Nov. 23 Houston Texans 1 p.m.
13 Nov. 30 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.
14 Dec. 7 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 15 (Mon.) at Philadelphia Eagles 8:30 p.m.
16 Dec. 21 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.
17 Dec. 28 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
I attended the second annual Browns Backers Inside Look event last night. Phil Savage and the personnel staff went over free agency and draft process. Joe Thomas and Mel Tucker also were at the event. In total it was a lot of good information about the team. I was able to ask a question and talk to Phil for a few seconds after the event.
Phil has a ton of passion for this team. He is totally legit and the team is in good hands.
Here are some highlights of the event:
- They had 3 priorities going into business season sign Jamal, sign Derek, and fix the D-Line.
- The team felt and still feels Derek gives them the best chance to win now.
- A question came from the audience asking who would be the starting QB in 2008. Phil said "Let me see how good I have trained my staff" and proceeded to ask them who the starter was and they all said Derek. Phil jokingly passed the Microphone to Joe Thomas and got the same answer.
- Phil said Romeo unlike some other coaches is very involved in scouting meetings.
- He told the crowd if you have something to do on the Saturday of the draft go do it, the Browns won't be picking on day one.
- He did mention they may spend a little more money on the undrafted free agent, since they don't have picks 1-3. This past week they have been in draft meetings which went for about 12 hours a day.
- Phil said despite what you might read in the papers, the Browns and LeCharles don't have a bad relationship. LeCharles is working out with his trainer in Arizona in cooperation with the Browns training staff. Phil said LeCharles is just like K2, Gary Baxter, or any other player coming off a long rehab he has to pass certain tests to get back on the field. Sometime before training camp LeCharles will take those tests.
- In regards to the trading some of the guys on the o-line, Phil said the team has good depth at that position for the first time since 1999 so why would you trade it away. He said the same thing about the quarterbacks, now that we have depth to protect from injury why would you trade it away.
- Phil took questions about draft prospects and they gave a mini scouting report about each one.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Sunday, April 6, 2008
He passed away earlier today at the age of 76.